Monday 16 March 2009

Petworth Festival 2009

I have just noticed that the Petworth Festival 2009 website is now up and running with some previews of what we have to look forward to.

First impressions - it is good that they have not wasted the festival budget on a flashy and stylish website. It is er, basic. Mind you, not that visitpetworth.blogspot is much to e-mail home about.

But what has been revealed of the programme looks sensational. One of only two UK performances of a new work by John Taverner. Wow! I know that John Taverner isn't everyone's cup of tea but I will be queuing up as soon as the box office opens to get in on that one. It isn't until July so I will have to contain myself until then.

I signed up for the newsletter and the questions implied that there might be more on offer than music this year. I don't know any more than that at the moment.

I will post more information as it becomes available.

No comments: